Green Tiny Home construction
Environmentally friendly and energy-efficient practices — the hallmarks of “green” construction — have been deployed in residential buildings for decades.
In fact, we carry the best there is when it comes to GREEN building standards.
Our Athens Park Models offer green features such as fiberglass insulation, moisture-proof house wrap and Low E dual-pane windows.
Over the past several years, Athens Park Model RVs/Tiny Homes have diligently added even more green options, including the following:
- Programmable thermostats
- Low-flush toilets
- Tankless water heaters (propane only)
- Composite porch decking
- Energy Star 17 cu. ft. refrigerators
- LED light bulbs
- Low-flow shower heads
- Radiant barriers in ceilings to reduce electricity consumption and greenhouse emissions
- Electric fireplace
- Green construction – energy efficient insulation
- Green owners = happy owners
“Going green” does more than promote environmental health
It also promotes happier owners. According to research supported by the National Association of Home Builders:
95 percent of respondents were satisfied with the features in their green home
94 percent would recommend a green home to a friend
92 percent would purchase another green home
90 percent were satisfied knowing they “did the right thing” in buying a green home
Green building homeowners cited energy performance, low utility bills and insulation among the most valued aspects of their dwellings.
Benefits of going green
This isn’t about checking items off a list, though. Features such as these provide very real benefits, including:
- Low maintenance
- Increased energy efficiency
- Decreased operating costs (sometimes to a significant degree)
- A safer, healthier environment for occupants, including superior indoor air quality
- Of course, these are just some of the many benefits of going green. See even more firsthand by visiting us today.